It’s official. The backyard is finally looking like, well, a backyard. Strike that. The backyard is finally looking like OUR backyard.
After several years of humming and hawing, the backyard has a brand new layer of grass, courtesy of Advantage Landscaping.
No more weeds. No more dirt. No more crevices. No more uneven ground. No more crappy grass.
Sean and his crew arrived yesterday morning at 8 am sharp. By noon they had torn out the old lawn and levelled out ground for the sod. By 4:00 pm the lawn was done.
The backyard looks huge now, especially with the sandbox, old patio and adjacent flower bed gone. The boys have a straight run of 110 feet now. Just need to water it twice a day for the next 10 days or so. It looks good. I’ll post some pictures when I get a chance.
Today, Tina and I stood on our new patio, drinking coffee and admiring our much improved backyard. What’s left to do in the backyard?
- Dig up the soil around the AC for a flowerbed.
- Dig up the plants and put in new edging in the kitchen flowerbed.
- Put in rubber edging along the new sod and backfill with cedar mulch.
- New patio stones for the BBQ.
- Buy a canopy for the patio.
- Buy a basketball net for the play pad.
- Buy a chair swing.
- Dig up the soil beside the BBQ for a future flowerbed/garden.
- New railings for back porch and new gate between the house and garage.
- Backfill the gap between the play pad and the fence with stone.
- Trim the bottom of the wood gate where the play pad is.
- Install an outdoor light for the play pad.
I hope to get the first two and last three done before winter settles in. Slight chance I may get new railing and gate in this fall. The rest will wait till Spring 2011.
Tina and I are really stoked by the backyard. It finally feels like our backyard.